Adjudicator Information & Guidelines
Are you a professor or postdoc interested in furthering undergraduate research communication?
ON THIS PAGE
Help engage the next generation of undergraduate students.
Join our multidisciplinary adjudication panel to provide students with valuable feedback on their 3MT presentations. Through individual feedback and the group adjudication, you will help highlight outstanding students by providing them with an opportunity to present to a greater audience. Our group adjudication takes place virtually on February 9th, 2021.
Adjudicator Eligibility & Commitment
If you are eligible and interested in adjudicating, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Potential adjudicators should meet the following guidelines:
- A UBC faculty member, instructor, or post-doctoral student.
- Be familiar with research and research communication.
- Be able to join us at virtually on the evening of February 9th, 2021.
2. Time Commitments
NOTE – edited January 13: The adjudication process itself will be conducted in two phases:
(1) An individual portion where adjudicators will provide students written feedback from the comfort of their home (~1-2 hours)
(2) An online group adjudication evening which will be a 1-2 hour session on February 9th, 2021.
The total time commitment is an estimated 3-4 hours, as stated before.
Interested adjudicators should contact the planning committee by January 18th, 2021 via email at email@example.com.
4. Different Ways to Contribute
If you’re not eligible or able to join us for adjudication, we still appreciate your support!
- If you know any interested fellow faculty or postdoctoral students, direct them to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help us spread the word by sharing this event to interested students!
Here is some advertising materials that can be shared with your students: [coming soon]
February 9th, 2021. Initial Adjudication Session
February 27th, 2021. Live Competition
The official details are TBD, but it will be held online, with the ten top 3MT applicants presenting their applications to the judges.