Adjudicator Information & Guidelines
Are you a professor or postdoc interested in furthering undergraduate research communication?
ON THIS PAGE
Help engage the next generation of undergraduate students.
Join our multidisciplinary adjudication panel to provide students with valuable feedback on their 3MT presentations. Through individual feedback and the group adjudication, you will help highlight outstanding students by providing them with an opportunity to present to a greater audience. Our group adjudication takes place virtually on February 10th, 2022.
Adjudicator Eligibility & Commitment
If you are eligible and interested in adjudicating, please contact us at email@example.com
Potential adjudicators should meet the following guidelines:
- A UBC faculty member, instructor, or post-doctoral student.
- Be familiar with research and research communication.
- Be able to join us at virtually on the evening of February 10th, 2022.
2. Time Commitments
NOTE – edited January 13: The adjudication process itself will be conducted in two phases:
(1) An individual portion where adjudicators will provide students written feedback from the comfort of their home (~1-2 hours)
(2) An online group adjudication evening which will be a 1-2 hour session on February 10th, 2022.
The total time commitment is an estimated 3-4 hours, as stated before.
4. Different Ways to Contribute
If you’re not eligible or able to join us for adjudication, we still appreciate your support!
- If you know any interested fellow faculty or postdoctoral students, direct them to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help us spread the word by sharing this event to interested students!
Here is some advertising materials that can be shared with your students: [coming soon]
Adjudicator Registration opens: November 20, 2021
Adjudicator Registration closes: January 15th, 2022
This will be the final chance to register to be an adjudicator!
First round adjudication window: January 21st - February 4th, 2022
Adjudicators will have the opportunity to individually provide feedback for 3MT presentations
Adjudication day: February 10th, 2022
Adjudicators will meet with the 3MT organizing committee to do a large group evaluation, ranking applicants, and selecting the finalists who will present at the live event.